When deciding which college to go to for the next four years, it is therefore valuable to visit the educational school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the spring of my year that is senior and to imagine myself https://shmoop.pro/ as a pupil for each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. We encourage our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we already have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline of the next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit online at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, if you have not already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our web site to get more information regarding how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus there is a better chance of having the type of housing you want the sooner you apply. Also if you’re maybe not 100% sure you are coming to USC next year, you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will additionally create courses with a scholastic advisor. You shall be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 business days after you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your final high school transcript and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
If you have questions that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are very happy to help answr fully your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman class!). We believe having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses on their own are even designed around providing students with the opportunity to interact with pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to fulfill leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a 10-day system (past destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer living with a host family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils because of the chance to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a few weeks, students will always be on-campus and investigate a problem that is global in scope. They then travel towards the area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are to be had in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Lately, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we now have already begun to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it really is imperative that our students experience different countries, along with having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we have been certainly a place that is global!