The H-4 visa lets you go right to the U. S if you’re hitched to a H visa owner.
The H4 visa is released into the reliant nearest and dearest of a name visa owner (partner and young ones under 21 years) who would like to join the title visa holder in america.
How do the H4 is got by me Visa?
You will need to use the following steps whenever trying to get H4 visa:
You will need certainly to fill Form DS-160 on line. You will get the DS-160 barcode when you start your H4 visa application. You will need to keep consitently the barcode verification web page, printing it, and carry it with you if you have your meeting.
Pay the H4 that is applicable visa
H4 visa fees are exactly the same as other H type visas. Currently, the application form charge with this visa is $190. Spend the charge and conserve the receipt, while you will want it later on through your application procedures.
Schedule a visa meeting appointment
Just you are applying for the H4 visa as you file the DS-160 form, schedule an interview appointment with the U. S Embassy from which. The earlier you schedule your meeting, the quicker will you complete the wholeH4 visa application. Once you schedule your meeting, you are getting a page of verification, that you simply want to conserve for later.
Compile the H4 visa document file
You need to supply the after papers to submit an application for the H4 visa:
- Filled DS-160 form.
- Your legitimate passport with a minumum of one page that is blank.
- Two US visa photographs.
- Receipt demonstrating re payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application.
- Photocopy of this main H visa owner visa.
- Photocopy of your spouse’s/parent’s I-129 kind, I-797 kind, therefore the Labor Certification Application (LCA).
- A duplicate of the spouse’s/parent’s passport with a definite, recognizable picture.
- Your spouse’s/parent’s letter of work into the U.S.
- Copies of the spouse’s/parent’s letters of previous work experience.
- Current pay stubs and taxation filing information, if the spouse/parent has already been employed in the U.S.
- If you should be the kid of this H type visa owner, submit the initial birth certification.
- Marriage certificate. Because so many candidates attempt to fake being hitched to one another, you need to illustrate that you have hitched in accordance with your nation’s wedding tradition or during the wedding registrar. You could do that through submitting this evidence:
- Wedding photographs where you along with your partner are demonstrably noticed in the images and DVDs.
- Range of wedding visitors.
- Receipts for re re re payments of wedding costs.
- Booking receipts of one’s vacation or any other post-marriage trips.
- If hitched just in the wedding registrar, you must have these:
- Content of your finalized wedding registrar affidavit.
- Images of both you and your spouse signing the wedding certification.
- Images of the witnesses and whoever had been performing the ceremony.
Go to the visa meeting
Once you’ve applied on the internet and presented your articles, you will need to go to the visa meeting. Throughout the meeting, the interviewers will endeavour to ascertain whether your relationship because of the H kind visa owner is genuine. Amongst common H4 visa meeting concerns may also be those associated with your intent for visiting the U.S. The interviewers will ask what you should do within the U. S to check out whether you would like to participate in any unlawful tasks. Prepare for the meeting by plainly determining your good reasons for going and start to become willing to respond to questions regarding the parent or spouse. Your meeting and application will figure out whether you will end up provided the H4 visa or perhaps not.
Get your visa
You should check your visa status on the internet site of this U. S Embassy where you stand using by entering the application quantity. The Embassy will alert you after they process your H4 visa. You will need to go for the visa stamping procedures if you have been granted the H4 visa. The visa stamping is the final action so that you can complete one which just book your day at the U.S.
If you are away from U. S, you will have to submit the application for H4 Visa during the U. S Embassy where your partner or parent has applied or in your house nation in the event that you along with your partner are of various nationalities. If you’re in the U. S, it is possible to submit your H4 visa application through the USCIS.
Remember that having an H4 visa or any U. S visa types doesn’t guarantee entry towards the U.S. That choice is as much as the slot of entry officers plus the Department of Homeland Security. When they determine it is safe to let you enter the U. S, you could do this.
H4 Visa Processing Time
The processing times when it comes to H4 visa will vary from nation to nation. As your H4 status is based on the status of this H type visa owner which means that your spouse or parent, it could just take so long as it can take to process their visa. If, for instance, your better half is trying to get A h-2a visa and you use together, your visa will require the same time frame to process as your spouse’s.
That they have if you are applying separately though, the time it takes to process the H4 visa will be up to the U. S Embassy and the workload.
Just how long Can I remain in the U. S by having an H4 Visa?
Whenever you submit an application for the H4 visa, you will need to submit your spouse’s or parent’s I-797 form. This kind states the times that the visa of the partner or moms and dad is valid. According to this, the U. S Embassy will even give you a visa with all the exact same legitimacy of the spouse’s or parent’s visa.
Therefore if your better half has a visa that is legitimate for 36 months, your H4 visa is likewise legitimate for three years. This is the amount of time as you are able to to stay static in the U.S.
May I Expand my H4 Visa?
Should your partner or parent pertains for the expansion, then you’re additionally qualified to make an application for an expansion associated with the H4 visa. This can be done by filing Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.
Along with this kind, you’re going to have to additionally submit these documents that are supporting
- A duplicate of one’s most Form that is recent I-94
- Your spouse’s or moms and dads most present type I-94
- Copies of the spouse’s or parent’s I-129 kind and form that is i-797 notice of approval
- Evidence of the H type visa to your relationship owner, for instance the wedding certificate for spouses and delivery visit our web site certification for moms and dads
H4 Visa Interview Issues
You several questions when you attend the interview for an H4 Visa, the consular officer will ask. The meeting may be quite stressful for most, despite the fact that the relevant concerns are very fundamental and easy. This is exactly why the answers should be prepared by you ahead of time.
Following you might find the concerns which can be often expected during an H4 Visa interview.