Getting hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a married relationship Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is granted.
You have to have a wedding Licence to obtain hitched in Nova Scotia. You may need the licence just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is valid for a few months through the date it’s granted.
You can easily pick a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent of the option may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice of this comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You have to have 2 people that are at minimum 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your spiritual agent, justice associated with the comfort or judge can give you a memento certification. This document is certainly not appropriate evidence of wedding.
After a married relationship is registered, you are able to submit an application for a formal wedding certification, that will be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are intending to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you will need to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the wedding service will require location for registration and licensing needs.
You may get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You will need a signed permission type if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married have to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by the agent that is authorized. If both events aren’t offered to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You can easily make an application for a licence and obtain hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t are now living in the province.
Simple tips to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or perhaps an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application form form you are given by them.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and re payment towards the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Offer your wedding Licence to your spiritual agent, justice associated with comfort or judge ahead of the wedding service.
The length of time it requires
You need to have the licence straight away. It could take more time if additional information becomes necessary or if perhaps your kind hasn’t been filled in precisely.
Re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, cash. a cheque or cash purchase should really be made payable towards the Minister of Finance. Payment choices can vary based on the manner in which you use.
Prior to starting
Be sure you have actually:
- signed bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age for both individuals engaged and getting married
- proof divorce or separation if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), together with the affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer has the required consent forms)
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice stays legitimate for as much as eighteen months.
It is possible to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, maybe not yet 18, desires to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to provide a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years aren’t permitted to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding could be lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th provided that the wedding happens following the birthday.
Things you need
- the PDF forms:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents aren’t accepted.
Simple tips to apply
- Check out the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary paperwork.
- Find the ‘Book a consultation’ switch.
- Enter the required information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re re re payment, and verify the date and time when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately 1 . 5 years.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you would like assist in preparing your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving kind, as well as the Registry gets in contact with you.
Re re Payment practices
You are able to review deal re payment choices on our re payment practices page.